Friday 8 April 2011

Bet on it...

... Rough Trade's Grand National picks:

NICHE MARKET (IRE)

Former Irish Grand National winner. Owned by larger-than-life Dubliner Graham Regan. Boasts some excellent form in top races, including second in the Aon Chase and a Hennessy third. Jockey is son of showjumper Nick Skelton, and the young rider's brother Dan, who is assistant to the trainer, celebrates his birthday on Grand National day.
Odds: 16-1

And for the boys and girls at Talbot Rd...

WEST END ROCKER (IRE)

This horse was barely on my radar until Monday night when I had a dream. I rarely remember my dreams, but this one was crystal clear. The winner of the Grand National was West End Rocker. People said I was off my rocker when I told them, but has an outside squeak based on two fine wins earlier in the season.
Odds: 40-1

No comments:

Post a Comment